Wednesday 2 July 2014

Handbags and Gladrags...

At the weekend, having just been paid and without any appointments in the diary or children in tow, I indulged in a ‘mooch’ around the shops. As any of you with kids will appreciate, it’s a decadent pleasure having shopping time (or any time actually) to yourself.  On the rare occasion that I do bring my son shopping he is generally very well behaved but that’s only because I’ve bribed him with the promise of a milkshake or a new Skylander.  And whatever promise he’s on, it’s still only a small window of opportunity before he gets stroppy and we have to head home.

Anyway, Saturday was different – it was time for ‘me time’ and I had a list. I love a list. The list, which I keep on my phone, is a list of things that would be good to buy if I happen to come across them on the rare chance that I get out.  Things get crossed off, but it’s not long before something else is added on.  And it’s not always clothes; pretty bed linen was added at the weekend.
Yes, I can and do online shopping – but that can be such a faff if things aren’t right and you need to fill in the paperwork, package them up and then find a real life post office … blah blah etc!

Anyway, one of the things on my list was a new handbag.  I wanted something bigger than the across the body ones that I currently have.  I’ve been stuffing as much as I can into these smaller handbags of mine and then putting the over-flow into an Asda carrier bag.  Shock horror, that’s not what a style advisor does, is it? No, of course not. She uses a Waitrose one.

I looked in so many places for the perfect handbag but time and time again I was just so disappointed, not only with the colours and shapes but with the silly amount of embellishment that some designers feel the need to add.  Please stop! If we want bling, then we’ll wear jewellery thank you very much.  And what’s with all the gold buckles and zips? What’s wrong with silver?
Anyway, I found one I love and here it is.


It’s from White Stuff and it’s called Cruz. Yes, I name all my handbags. It’s a great neutral colour which I would describe as putty but what White Stuff call charcoal. It goes with pretty much every colour in my wardrobe. What I didn’t want is a black bag that then looks odd when I wear blue or a blue bag that looks odd when I wear black etc - so job done. It’s also a great shape, is real leather, has loads of compartments and has a short and long strap (the long strap is detachable). Oh and it’s not in the least bit blingy. Bloody bingo!




 
It also comes in atlantic blue, miso grey, tan and windsor blue.  They have a great selection of bags in all shapes and sizes and in a great range of colours – so worth a look.  BUT if it’s a black bag you want (or anything black for that matter) don’t even bother looking here. They don’t do black dahling!
This is actually the third bag I’ve bought from White Stuff in as many years and so why I didn’t start my search here in the first place is quite beyond my frazzled brain! Note to self, must add fish oils to my phone list.

Where’s my phone…..?
M x

P.S. The top I’m wearing wasn’t on my list, but I love a stripe. It’s silky to the touch, fine knit and feels great on. It’s H&M (no surprise there) - but as there wasn't a link to it when I looked online, you'll have to go into the shop when you next get some ‘you time'. Enjoy that!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I like to know what you think of my posts, so please leave a comment.
Thank you.