Monday 25 August 2014

Holiday...

So I’m back from my 5 day trip to the sunny island of Majorca. Well, it was sunny for 3 out of 5 days anyway. Thank goodness the rain decided to take a run and jump because if there’s one thing I rather dislike it's rain. Even more so when I’ve spent a small fortune on getting me some sun! Oh, and let’s not forget another reason for totally hating the rain whilst on this holiday - umbrella, rain coat and jeans in Teeny Weeny suitcase doth not fit!

As promised in ‘I’m Leaving on a Jet Plane’, here are some pictures that Mr. B took. Now, interestingly, even though I bang on about loving the sun, I don’t actually tan very well. So, the tan you see at the start is fake and the tan you don’t see on day 5 is just my natural blue skin tone shining through. 


It’s raining, it’s pouring …and I’m sulking on the bed.

Still sulking but at least I'm up!

Cheer up love!


This striped dress from H&M has to be one of my faves (rain or shine) and I chose this one for the rainiest day because it looks ok with a denim jacket and Converse. Also, because it’s a snug fit, it keeps me warm too.


Palm tree dress from Primark

I love this dress and the palm trees, to me, scream HOLIDAY! Tricky to explain, but if my memory serves me well, it also screams a little of a button through house-coat that my Auntie Olive used to wear. Never mind! 


These black shorts are from H&M. The striped top is very old (can’t remember where from as I cut the labels out) but I love the relaxed fit and shape of it, so it got worn a lot.




Same shorts as before, but this time with a V neck t-shirt from Topshop. I bought it in grey (shown), black and the white. I will be wearing these well into winter with cardigans over the top.

Follow me..

...up these pretty steps

..nearly there

...here we are and I've made a friend





This skort is from Primark. As the name suggests it's a cross between a skirt and a pair of shorts. It could, in theory, and much to mine and Mr.B's amusement, have been called a shirt - but this of course has already been done! The top is from Benetton about a trillion years ago.

Lovely neckline and the view ain't too shabby either!

I adore the neckline of this dress from H&M. When I bought the dress, I hadn't thought of wearing it with a belt but I saw someone wearing it with one before I went away and so I copied her!




Romeo?

Ah, there you are!

And for the last holiday outfit...



Love this green door! 

This striped dress is from H&M (I really need to speak to H&M and tell them how much I love them don’t I?) and it’s so easy to wear. It doesn’t come with a belt, but I would say it looks so much better and more finished with one, as it hides the elasticated waistline.

As well as posing for the camera (which ironically, is not my favourite thing!) - I also did a lot of people watching, punctuated by a lot of coffee drinking (a perfect combination). One common theme I spotted, were young girls wearing teeny weeny bum-cheek revealing shorts. Now, if I was a mum of a young girl, in fact, hang on - I’m as near as dammit a step-mum to two young girls, so I can speak from the heart here and say - I would NOT let them parade around with their backsides hanging out of their shorts! End of.

But wait, it gets worse. Teeny weeny shorts were also being worn by women old enough (and then some) to know better. They may have been trying to add a little cheeky sparkle to their marriages and I’m all for that, but guess what? I don’t need to see it! Get a room and stop putting me off my dinner. Lastly, and very entertainingly, I also don’t think they realised, as they nonchalantly sauntered off to the next bar, just how cruel the imprint of plastic, woven wicker effect chairs can be on ones bare backside. See ya later alligator!

M x

No comments:

Post a Comment

I like to know what you think of my posts, so please leave a comment.
Thank you.