Thursday 14 August 2014

I'm Leaving On A Jet Plane...

…don’t know when I’ll be back again. 

No, don’t worry, this isn’t a ‘Dear John’ letter that I’ve copied you all in on (though that would make a damn good blog wouldn’t it?). I know exactly when I’m coming back and I’m taking ‘John’ with me, so all good.

We’re off to Majorca for 5 nights/days. It’s a ‘sans rugrats’ trip and so we’re looking forward to a much needed adults only holiday.  Not saying that our caravan family trip last week was anything short of the sugar coated, Kath Kidston-esque, all-smiles holiday that we had wished for of course. Ahem.

So, with it only being a short break, we made the decision to take carry-on luggage only. This way, we won’t be wasting our precious time at the baggage carousel.  Instead, we’ll be winding our way up the mountain-side to our beautiful hotel. Though if ‘John’ gets his own way, we're off to find the nearest Lidl – don’t ask!

For those that read my Pack Up Your Troubles post a couple of weeks ago, you will know that in the past I have struggled to travel light and have tended to over-pack, over-sized suitcases. Therefore, ‘carry-on’ luggage is a whole new concept to me and dare I say it, a challenge. A challenge that I thought you’d all like to be part of.


So, please recline your seats, unfasten your seatbelts and enjoy the in-flight entertainment. 



‘Dun dun dada dun dun dada dun dun dada dun dun dada dun dun dada dun dun dada doo de doo doo de doo doo de doo doo de doo doo do’.

Taking the lead role is my new suitcase. 



It measures in at a small, but perfectly formed, 48x32x19 - I think I’ve seen larger handbags hooked over the arms of wags to be honest. And interestingly, at 48cm high, it’s the same height as the numerals on Big Ben’s clock face. My usual suitcase is 66cm high which is the height of a Victorian coal mine tunnel. Oh, and as you asked, I am the required height of a NASA astronaut - could be useful. Hours of fun with our silly height chart - love it!

Anyway, sorry, where was I? Here in pictures and words, is what I want to take on my trip:-

Shorts, T-shirts, old Converse...

Pretty dresses for daytime and evening...

Formal Joggers, Skort, Sandals...

Bikini's, Beach Cover-up, Book, Toiletries...
  • x 1 pair of shorts
  • x 4 t-shirts
  • x 2 day dresses
  • x 2 bikini’s
  • x 1 beach cover up
  • x 2 evening dresses (smarter than my throw-on day dresses, not ball gowns!)
  • x 1 skort
  • x 2 pairs of sandals
  • x 1 pair of old converse (for walking up steep hills and mountains!)
  • x 2 belts
  • x 2 pashminas
  • x 1 trusty denim jacket that won't need packing as I'll wear it to the airport (it's chilly at 3am!)
  • x 1 small brown day bag
  • x 1 small evening clutch
  • x 1 very foldable, very old freebie Topshop cloth bag that will act as a beach bag
  • Undies
  • Toiletries
  • Straighteners (pray for me that there’s a hairdryer in the room)
  • And I haven’t forgotten a beach towel by the way - it would take up way too much room, so I’ll hire or borrow from the hotel.
But will it all fit in The Teeny Weeny Suitcase?  There’s only one way to find out! Why not take this opportunity to ask one of the cabin crew to fix you a cheeky Cinzano and I’ll be with you shortly.

I loved this advert as a kid! 


‘Dun dun dada dun dun dada dun dun dada dun dun dada dun dun dada dun dun dada doo de doo doo de doo doo de doo doo de doo doo do’.

Sorry, not quite ready...

‘Dun dun dada dun dun dada dun dun dada dun dun dada dun dun dada dun dun dada doo de doo doo de doo doo de doo doo de doo doo do’.

Nearly there.....

Full!

Voila! (I don’t know what the Spanish equivalent is).

It’s a tight squeeze but the zip does up, I didn’t have to take anything out and so it’s definitely MISSION IMPOSSIBLE! 

So, dressed in my super comfy, super silky, ‘formal joggers’ from Topshop (that I would definitely have worn with heels of an evening out had they fitted in my case!), I bid you farewell. I will take full advantage of the beautiful scenery whilst away and ask Mr. B (aka ‘John’) to take some photos of me wearing the outfits so I can show you when I get back.

Me and my case ready for the off!

Swing your pants!

Yes love, very nice trousers, but stop posing and go find that passport!


Oh, and something strange happens when I put these baggy beauties on, I go all MC Hammer and have to burst into 'running man'. Quite clearly I'm going a little crazy - this holiday is much needed!


See you soon lovely people.

M x

P.S. Well done to my little man for taking the formal jogger pictures and video! 

(The video didn't play on my iPhone for some odd reason, but worked fine on my laptop. Hope your device is kind to you and let's you watch it!).

No comments:

Post a Comment

I like to know what you think of my posts, so please leave a comment.
Thank you.