Tuesday 14 October 2014

Strike A Pose There's Nothing To It...Brogue!

So, I had a different blog post planned for you all but then I went shopping.

I nearly bought some brogues last year but I hadn’t quite got my head around them, if you know what I mean? They seemed too masculine and I wasn’t sure if they were right for my personal style. However, last weekend, when the weather changed dramatically and all that was on my shopping list was a decent pair of winter shoes that I could run around the office in - I made a beeline for these.

I tried them on with the rolled up jeans I was wearing and I loved them from the get-go. But because I had never bought anything like this for myself before, I still sent this pic to Mr. B to ask what he thought of them. Funny, given that I take people personal shopping you’d think that I’d just be able to ask myself wouldn't you?!



Anyway, even with my heart a flutter and the thumbs up from Mr. B, I still hovered in the shop a while to contemplate my imminent purchase. Will they go with skirts and tights? Will my feet get cold without socks? Can I wear them with socks and not look weird? Are they too shiny? Should I learn to tap dance? How come Judy Murray is still in Strictly? Aaaand back in the room! Anyway, I now own a pair of brogues and I have to say that I feel rather proud and so bloody trendy, it hurts!

Here's one way (and my favourite way) to wear my new brogues. Rolled up jeans and smart jacket.



The jacket is new too actually. I thought the shoes lent themselves to a longer, more masculine line and so snapped this jacket up from New Look

I also tried the shoes on with tights and tailored shorts which was an OK look in itself, it didn't not work, but the tights and brogue thing...mmmm? 

To me, it's all a bit Jenny Agutter from 'Call The Midwife' and so I'm unsure. Therefore this look might take me a little longer to get used to, but never say never. And just to be clear, I mean never say never to the tights and brogues look not the nun in a habit look. Unless you're a nun of course, in which case it's perfectly acceptable attire and the rolled up jeans would be, I would say, a definite no no! Glad we cleared that up. 






I’m obviously quite taken with my new shoes and got a bit snap-happy at the weekend. 





Imagine how many pictures I would take if I got a puppy or a kitten? Or both?!! 

Word count wise, I’m keeping my posts a little shorter of late as I’m spending a lot of time on my new website that I want up and running for St. Albans Fashion Week (27th Oct - 2nd Nov) – which is a whole new, bigger and juicier story that I cannot wait to share with you! 

*excited squeal and brogue adorned scissor kick*  

M x


No comments:

Post a Comment

I like to know what you think of my posts, so please leave a comment.
Thank you.